Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Log update 5.16.09

I've been working and sleeping in the airport... a little obsessive,
but if we're going to be ready for Oshkosh, which seems like a 50/50
proposition at best, it's going to take some serious heavy hauling to
get this much work done. So, I'll just list out the milestones and let
the pictures do most of the talking... Since internet coverage is more
than spotty here, I have to batch the log updates, so this covers
everything since the last update.

The only other comment I want to interject is that the quality of this
kit and it's parts is without question, the best I've seen, however,
the availability of the right parts is the other side of the coin -
about 20% of the parts are either wrong or missing, and I know it's
not going to be the case for the next kits, as I am helping correct
these growing pains and mistakes, but I just have to say... Arghh!!

Well, enough whining. Here are the progress pictures:

1. Rudder installed
2. wing cap panels installed, but not wired completely
3. landing gear prepped for install
4. all interior panels fit and installed - fit without much prep!
5. windshield installed

No comments: